Seems similar to another game, Data Wing, which was super cool.
A downloadable game for Windows
Available for DOS and WINDOWS 95 PCs, it is the far future racing event of the 1990s! Race your Slip-craft through 16 exciting locations, from famous EARTH CITIES to the exotic distant dimensional rifts of FARFIELDS in this intense single player drifting speedfest!
This SHAREWARE title is available for free download, with the full game available for a modest fee!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 1.0.5 Full joystick support6 days ago
- 1.0.3 Experimental Joystick/Controller support13 days ago
- 1.0.2 - Improved compatibility27 days ago
- BUBBLERUN soundtrack30 days ago
- Game released!38 days ago
- The radical music of SlipSpeed50 days ago
- Pre release 0.9.998 days ago
- Approaching the final stretchFeb 04, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Data Wing is great, and originally this game was going to have a wall riding mechanic inspired by it. Instead I went for a more retro racing game :)
this will have achievements on retroachievements hehe
hey thats a neat site, never saw that before. doesnt look like they have msdos games though
Just finished the shareware Grand Prix and it's great so far. As a linux user I really appreciate there being a DOS release as I could easily run it on DosBox.
Soundtrack slaps, shiny polish throughout
Controls are tight and responsive and drifting around the levels works really well
Grand prix is just short enough that I don't get bored but long enough that the between-race decisions still feel like they matter
Great "WipEout meets Micro Machines 2" game for DOS. Works fine in DOSBox on my old Windows XP retro computer, best performance on a more modern machine - also using DOSBox. The OPL-based music fits the game very well.
The hidden shortcuts in the tracks are fun to discover and helpful in higher difficulty levels.
Wishlist items for SlipSpeed 2:
- Local multiplayer (Micro Machines 2-style "shared screen" multiplayer where one gains points by getting more than a screenful ahead of the competition)
- Campaign mode / progression (saving of progress, maybe earning gold medals in all tracks in all difficulty levels and or unlocking tracks by winning at the grand prix?)
- Track editor and user-created content?
This game's fun. Very fun. Highly recommended. The game controls. They seem familiar. Like Combat Cars. For Sega Genesis. The difference? This game's better. Way better.