Excellent game! one of the more polished game i've played in this jam. good work!
GameJam: Star Busters 3
(Web version is experimental and runs a bit slow, downloadable versions are nicer!)
Lead the STARBUSTERS sisters Sweet and Sour through three intensely easy missions of tactical combat against the evil ENEMY FORCES. Includes two unique* endings. Presented in glorious 4 colour CGA Palette 1.
Delivered fresh from 1983 for the first time in the west or post-80s era comes this badly fan-translated masterpiece of turn based tactical gameplay**.
Audio goodness provided by @tijn
- Attacks from the front are most easily evaded. Side attacks have an even chance of connecting. Rear attacks rarely miss.
- The Missile barrage is a 5 missile spread across 5 tiles, always.
- The AI is preeeety bad and will sometimes try and drive a ship into a rock, repeatedly. It will give up after a few tries though.
* Almost identical
** Not really, my time machine is broken. I made this for CGA Jam this week.
- Fixed AI getting stuck
- Slightly reduced probability of AI shooting eachother
- MacOS window size halved to avoid hidpi scaling bug
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I can confirm the Linux build works like a charm. Errr, wait no I mean, I only use Linux at work, there's no way I can test that version.